Author: Luisa Perkins
•6:00 AM

Manhattanites often refer to children as "delicious." I never really understood this until I had kids of my own; now I totally get it. All of the adjectives I normally reserve for food--scrumptious, piquant, choice, and so on--perfectly describe the way I feel about interacting with my children.

Daniel was particularly delicious this morning as he crept downstairs at the crack of dawn, a huge grin on his face. He's five today, and our years together have been savory indeed. Here's to many more happy returns of the day!
This entry was posted on 6:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On 21/5/09 , Jen said...

Just one, big awwwwweeeee!!!

What a fabulous smile. Delicious, indeed!

 
On 21/5/09 , Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!

Emma hits five next month. My head is spinning . . .

 
On 25/5/09 , Jenna said...

I CANNOT believe he is 5! Not possible! What a sweetie!

 
On 25/5/09 , Heidi said...

Savory--love it!

 
On 27/5/09 , charrette said...

I have a therapist from Manhattan, and I swear "delicious" is her favorite adjective. She used it to describe my children...and her belladonna-induced naps! Gotta love New Yorkers!

 
On 19/7/09 , easytravel said...

great and handsome kid. thanks for share and great picture also. See my blog also.